Sunday, March 6, 2011

St. Patricks Day Wreath

Hello! It's about time we update this baby, huh?!


It's been a busy couple of weeks here in our little craftalicious world. Unfortunately not busy with crafts... but we're back on this Tuesday! I'm so excited!

Here is a wreath we made a few weeks ago. I love this thing! I got the idea from Lucky Star Lane. See... we are total copiers! Why wouldn't we when we find such adorable things to make, right?!

Here's how we made it:

I started by finding an old book with yellowish pages in it. I don't think the book was that old. My husband was concerned when he found out we weren't reading the book before we destroyed it, but hey... that's the way Craftalicious does things. We don't mess around when it comes to crafts. After you find your book and get all your supplies, you start by rolling the paper and gluing them together and pinching one end. BTW... you will burn your hands A LOT with the glue gun on this project. The pages are a little too thin to be using such hot glue.

We also distressed the edges of the paper after they were rolled.

Can you tell we have a good time, check out the way those brownies have been destroyed! OHMIGOSH there's a cake in that picture too! Party time!!! Ha!


You will need a cardboard circle to glue your rolled paper to. I bought the cardboard you put under cakes. It worked perfect and beat cutting circles out of card stock. Go ahead and clue your rolled paper to the cardboard. We started with the edge, gluing completely around the cardboard, then started with the second layer. The third layer was obviously the polka-dot green. I have a personal relationship with polka-dots. Don't judge me! I just love them, always have and always will. You should of seen my wedding!


Once you have everything glued on, go ahead and glue on the center. I got these at Hobby Lobby. I thought it was perfect for the center of the wreaths.


 Okay... here is is!! All finished! What do you think?! I love it. It's so fun and is perfect for St. Patricks day!

No comments: