Friday, April 29, 2011

D is for Dang Awesome (and my last name)

Let's here it for inspiration, right?! Well, a few months back I found this awesome photo and of course I fell in love with the whole look but especially the gigantic "F". I decided I needed to use some of that inspiration, or at least copy it! So, the thing is, I didn't want my gigantic "D" to look pitiful, I wanted it gigantic, you know? So I had to figure out how to get it cut and look'n awesome.

Then.... I saw this bad-boy... I know you can't see how big it is, and I know it's not exactly what I wanted, but I love how skinny and fabulous this looks. I found it at Joann's for $10 and I didn't even have to stress about how to get it cut. It was that easy. The size has to be 2.5 x 1.5. It's nice and big!

Sorry my photo is so BLUE!!!! I didn't get a chance to edit them!
I thought I'd give it a nice metallic look. Steel is cool, right? So I got some metallic silver paint and went to town on it. It looked really cool, but cool isn't enough for someone who reads Vintage Revivals everyday, right? So, I added some black paint. The technique is pretty basic, exspecially compared to Vintage Revivals, but hey, simple is good! I'm okay with that. All I did was add a dab, then wiped it off with a paper towel, spreading the black paint to each side of my project and that's all I did. And I'm officially in love with my new letter "D"!

No comments: